Sunday, October 25, 2015

Green Therapy: Bohol, Philippines

I decided to launch a new segment in my blog called "Green Therapy", which will feature scenic and peaceful natural scenery from some of my travels and explorations. 

Whenever I travel I always try to find that perfect spot where I can read a book, sip a drink, or journal extensively. My posts under this category will highlight those places through pictures. 

My aim is to include serenity and promote healing through nature's colors. 

My first feature is a well-loved tourist destination in the Philippines called Bohol in the Visayas Islands. Took this trip after my first year of working in Hong Kong. My friends and I wanted to just relax after a very eventful internship. Bohol was the perfect choice for my friends who wanted to go to the beach and have never been to the Philippines, since it is less crowded and more relaxed than Boracay's active nightlife scene. 

Fly to Manila and book a connecting flight to Bohol via Cebu Pacific. There are a lot of budget and mid ranged resorts to choose from, both in the beachfront and walking distance to the popular Panglao beach. Arrange for city tours with your resort for a reasonable price. Go in June when it is off season to avoid crowds. 

Travel date: June 2012 (before the earthquake)


 Panglao Beach
Went to this particular spot for three days straight to have happy hour and read "Susie Wong"


 Panglao Beach
One of the few people we saw on the beach, as it was deserted since June is off season for tourists


Panglao Beach
Stolen shot of my friend contemplating life


Panglao Beach
The actual colors of the scenery before us


 Panglao Beach
 The shore approaching sunset


View from Where the Blood Compact Was Held


Lomboc River


Lomboc River


Lomboc River Cruise
The ticket comes with buffet inside the boat


Tarsier
The smallest Mammal in the World! Only the size of your fist


Tarsier


Chocolate Hills


Chocolate Hills
Like Hershey's Kisses


The Bamboo Forest


 The Bamboo Bridge
Got so scared walking this, but it's pretty sturdy

No comments:

Post a Comment